I was just thinking about what it takes to become a good crocheter. It takes time and patience to learn how YOU crochet and it takes time to learn different techniques. I have collected so many different ideas and points to good crocheting. Not all of these ideas are mine but they are helpful hints on how to become a great crocheter!
1. Make Changes to a simple Pattern to make it more complex.
2. Use a variety of tools, like online resources (Ravelry.com, yarn pattern sites), Books (Pattern, Stitch, Stitch Design), and Friends and Family!
3. Document your work!!! (Ravelry.com is great for this aspect. It is a melting pot of patterns too!)
4. Look at other peoples work for inspiration!
5. Work a little at a time on a new technique. Do NOT expect to master it in one day!!
6. Its better to learn from a person than a video any day!!
7. Be Consistent with your stitches.(JR)
8. It is easier to start a new ball of yarn (same color or different) at the end of a line.(anonymous)
9. To make a hat smaller/larger, just change the size of the hook and yarn to accommodate the appropriate size. (anonymous)
This is a list of things to remember while you crochet, but this list will be updated every so often if i get new points from other people! The big point is to remember to have fun!!